Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Don't Mess With The Bull

Last weekend, Josh and Beck decided to go up against me and my nearly limitless knowledge of movies, actors, several books, etc. Here I will prove, yet again, that I am almost always right.

They believed that Christian Bale is American, I told them he was Welsh. They still were adament in believing me to be mistaken despite me spewing several of the facts featured tbelow.

Snippets of info on CHRISTIAN BALE:

Date of Birth: 30 January 1974, Haverfordwest, Pembrokeshire, Wales, UK

Although he was born and raised in Wales, his family is actually English. { not american ;}

He has an uncanny ear for accents - he has used a different accent for each of his films to date.

In the "Fresh Air with Terry Gross" radio interview first aired June 13, 2005, he admitted to Gross that because Batman is "such an American icon", he had decided not to perform his promotional interviews for the movie Batman Begins (2005) in his natural mixed Welsh/English accent. Instead he spoke to Gross in an almost inflection-less mid-American accent, only revealing his dialectic roots with a few words

If he plays an American character, he will use an American accent in all the interviews related to the film. He says he does this so the audience isn't confused.



source: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000288/bio

Here is a message for all of you who like to challenge me: i have only been wrong two times when it comes to movie-related knowledge, so save yourself the trouble and humiliation of me proving you wrong and just accept the fact that I know my shit.

1 comment:

Pulcheria said...

You are my font of movie knowledge. Love ya!