Saturday, February 9, 2008

There's a MOOSE in my BACKYARD!

Well, I know I've been out of keystrokes for a while. For starters, I've been given an extremely sore throat and cough for an early (Anti-)Valentine's Day present. In between my rotating helpings of Lemon Tea and Muddy Buddies (an odd combination, i know, but oh! so delicious), i wandered into the kitchen to see a gi-normous thing wandering through the trees, then plopping itself in the snow. I soon came to realize that the huge, dark creature was a moose, yes, a moose. To help prove my sometimes questionable sanity, I calmly called mother into the room. It was confirmed that there was indeed a moosed laying in the snow. For some strange reason, some neighbor kids, who are younger than I, decided to scare the creature before I could get a decent (camera) shot at it. It goes crashing, yes crashing, into the Outsen's horse pasture, then, realizing its mistake, crashing back out of it. I, at this point in time, had gone outside to get a picture of it. This was not the best idea as now I was in the moose's way. The (thankfully non-horned) beast comes rather speedily in my direction, but then decides the Leishman's yard looks much safer than a 15 year old girl, armed with a digital recording device. (I may be taking a little creative liberty, but that's beside the point.) Anyway, I managed to get a rather blurry and obscured shot of it while it was in the horse pasture, so enjoy.


2 comments:

Ahenobarbus Textor said...

Very cool shot, and a very a-moose-ing story. Well told. :)

Pulcheria said...

Ditto AT!